Monday, February 16, 2009

Sublime Surrender

Krishna Das taught me about sublime surrender in Miami on Valentine's Day. Before heading down south, I braced myself for the crowd. Not too many devotees of Neem karoli Baba and Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati, make their way to these parts of the world.

No ticket in hand but a promise from a friend of a friend to purchase me a ticket was all that was offered upon arrival at the Trinity Episcopal Cathedral.

I had to find this woman... although I didn't know what she looked like. A woman with dreadlocks was all I had to go on. Christie was her name. She held my fate in her waiting list hand ..number...62. All in all over 200 people were on the wait list.

Hundreds -- hundreds of people waited in line. Some had not checked in and others were holding a place in line to get a prime position at the pew. A waiting list room was airless and the energy rivaled the twirling chaos before the big bang. All I wanted to do was escape. I've got to get out of here, I thought. crazy crazy energy...

Up until this point in my life, I haven't let on, except to a few close friends, that I avoid crowds at all costs. Something in my energy body goes haywire and I lose all sense of self.

So wouldn't you know, while heading to the waiting room, down a long narrow corridor, I blew a gasket and started to vibrate with ricocheting energy. Shaking internally and sweating externally, I saw an open door and made a beeline.

I was intercepted by a man who asked what I needed. Mumbling somewhat incoherently, I indicated that space was all I needed. QUIET space. He ushered me into a small room that offered cushions, I placed one on the floor - took up half lotus position and began to chant OM.

The man and everything else disappeared. I found bliss within. Nothing mattered. I was safe and the cacophony of sounds melded into sublime surrender.

A few minutes later the gentleman offered me assistance and led me hand in hand to the registration table. He proceeded to secure me a ticket to the event when a woman greeted him warmly... "Krishna Das," a big kiss followed, " Namaste. Oh, I figured it out. It was Krishna Das who was holding my hand and leading me to safety. Funny how life works...

My girlfriend asked me how it all happened? According to the Law of Attraction, I shouldn't have gotten a ticket because all I kept thinking was, " I'm outta here!"

Yet a door opened and I took the opportunity to exit, which allowed me to enter a new realm of divine intervention. The assistance, the support... Maybe it does comes from sublime surrender.

Oh, and the a final note:
I hooked up with a friend and we entered a side door of the church because she is healing a leg injury. In the first pew was Krishna Das's travel mate from India, my friend, Ram Giri.

A big hello, hug, warm wishes and an invitation to sit in the front row. YES, I said with my friend and her husband in agreement that this would be a good place for me to sit... sublime surrender, kick ass kirtan and a whole lotta of love.

What a great Valentine's Day ... and did you know ... The moon was in the 7th house and Jupiter aligned with Mars?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow - this is just what I needed to read/hear. 'Chill bumps' are covering my back and legs!
Thank you.
It is not me that does my work, but the spirit, through me, when I let it in!