Sunday, April 22, 2007

Stress and Technology

This morning I woke up to a warning. " Liz Sterling," my first thoughts implored me to listen, "You have too much stress." Get a grip!

I spent the entire week learning about web casting, web site optimization,keywords, pod casting,conversion to MP3 files,digitizing,web conferencing and blogging. My brain is on overload,my body is exhausted and my mind is overwhelmed with information overload.

Two glasses of wine didn't make a dent. My head is spinning with statistics and can't seem to grok all this new technology. Maybe it's a generational thing.

Kids today can take any iPod, cell phone or remote control and manage it with finesse. Their brains seem to be wired for the new technology. But my generation, the babes from the 60's and 70's , we have to carve new grooves in our brains.

I feel like a dinosaur in this modern world; struggling to stay afoot.

Could evolution be so prevalent as to show itself in only one generation?

I can't be the only 50 year old woman who feels this way. Geez, half my freinds and business associates think I've gone off the deep end. The stress is way too overwhelming. What's the answer?

No comments: